11 Persons Wounded in Gas Leakage at MCCH Sherbagh Anantnag
Srinagar, Mar 1 (GNS): Eleven persons were wounded in a gas leakage incident at Maternity Child Care Hospital (MCCH) at Sherbagh in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
They told GNS that the eleven persons which included two employees, seven attendants and two children received burn wounds after a gas cylinder leaked at ticket counter.
Identifying the hospital employees as Sahil Ahmad Raina son of Abdul Ahad and Fayaz Nazir son of Nazir Ahmad, a resident of Malknag, they said rest included Mohammad Abbass son of Ghulam Rasool, resident of Srigufwara, Bittu Singh, resident of Palpora, Mohd Abass son of Ghulam Rasool, resident of Srigufwara, Zakir son of Mohd.Tariq, resident of Kachwan, Ruby daughter of Manzoor Ahmad, resident of DK Pora, Rehana wife of Farooq Ahmad, resident of DKPora, Sahil son of Abdul Khaliq, resident of Warwan, Junaid Ahmad son of Abdul Gafar, resident of Kokernag, Manan son of Javaid Ahmad, resident of Malknag and Bilkeesa wife of Manzoor Ahmad, resident of DKPora.
“No one has fortunately received any major injury in the incident”, they said adding several of them either received minor injuries in their face, neck and hands.
“Several of them have been already discharged after administered with first aid”, they further said.
Meanwhile a Fire and Emergency Department official told GNS that after initial assessment it was found that there was no major damage caused to hospital room. “Some ticket books and related documents were damaged in the incident, however the fire was brought into control soon after”, the official said. (GNS)